University Relations moved to the new Kingland office building in campustown on Jan. 8. UR staff set up shop on the second floor of the new building at the corner of Lincoln Way and Welch Avenue. The second floor houses the Iowa State Daily and ISU Foundation's phone center and eventually will also include Institutional Research and the Offices for Responsible Research and Research Integrity.
Send University Relations mail to:
[Name of staff member]
2420 Lincoln Way, Suite 201
Ames, Iowa 50014-8340
What we do
The Office of University Relations directs Iowa State's public relations programs and communications activities. University Relations services include:
- Stories and releases about breakthrough research and university people, events and activities
- Assisting media in covering the university
- Online news updates on the ISU homepage and News website
- Media training and public relations counsel to the university community
- Publishing the faculty-staff newspaper Inside Iowa State
- University photography and videography
University Relations units
The Office of University Relations is led by executive director John McCarroll. University Relations subdivisions include:
- News Service. Coordinates media relations, disseminates news.
- Internal Communications. Publishes faculty/staff newspaper (Inside Iowa State) and email update for faculty and staff. Manages top levels of university website.
- University photographer. Completes on-location and studio shots for members of the university community.
- University videographer. Produces original video productions about university activities and events.
Who to contact
News Service, (515) 294-3720
Story ideas for Inside Iowa State
Inside, (515) 294-7065
Post online announcement
Inside, (515) 294-7065
Photos, (515) 294-4053
2016 holiday hours
Winter break hours
Iowa State will be partially closed for an 11-day stretch (Dec. 23-Jan 2) during semester break. University Relations will be minimally staffed during this period. To get in touch with someone:
- Call or email the staff member you need. Many who are out of the office will be checking email and phones
- Call (515) 294-4845 or send an email to email@example.com. Both will be checked daily for messages.