Office of University Relations
What we do
The Office of University Relations directs Iowa State's public relations programs and communications activities. University Relations services include:
- Stories and releases about breakthrough research and university, people, events and activities
- Assisting media in covering the university
- Online news updates on the ISU homepage and News website
- Media training and public relations counsel to the university community
- Publishing the faculty-staff newspaper Inside Iowa State
- University photography and videography
University Relations units
The Office of University Relations is led by executive director John McCarroll. University Relations subdivisions include:
- News Service. Coordinates media relations, disseminates news.
- Internal Communications. Publishes faculty/staff newspaper (Inside Iowa State) and email update for faculty and staff. Manages top levels of university website.
- University photographer. Completes on-location and studio shots for members of the university community.
- University videographer. Produces original video productions about university activities and events.